Download My FREE Song Charting Template Below
At Course Curriculum
Drummer. Musician. Artist. Performer.
This course is a different approach from the usual drum lessons you'll find online, and even in person. It's not only about learning new fills, beats, or sharpening your chops. All of those things are important and will be addressed in this course, but it's designed to do so much more.
This is about becoming a skilled authentic musician, performer, and musical artist (as a drummer). See, what we need to remember as drummers is we ARE musicians. We ARE artists. No drum software plug-in can do what a real artist can do when he learns how articulate all of his knowledge and training in a musical context.
This Musical Drumming Course has a Multi Faceted Purpose to build your vocabulary with new fills/beats, to push your chops to a whole new level with intensive build-ups/ drum break sections, and will ultimately help shape you into a more musical, well rounded artist that is more than just the "average" drummer.
Here are some of the key skills this course will help you develop:
- Quickly Break Down Songs to Understand The Structure and Drum Parts.
- Become Efficient & Effective At Learning Songs for Gigs, Auditions, or Church.
- Expand Creativity To Play More Musical Fills and Grooves that Work in Music.
- Sharpen Chops to Execute Drum Parts Flawlessly to Perform Professionally in a Recording or a Live Performance.
- Gain Musical Knowledge to Write and Arrange Better Drum Parts in Songs.
- Build Confidence Behind the Set to Lead the Music and Your Fellow Band Mates Better.
The Course Consists of 4 Songs That you Need to Learn and Master on the Drums.
Instead of giving you a bunch of lectures on how you can try to achieve these things, I am giving you a hands on approach, something you will have to sit behind the set and really shed at.
Imagine your my backup drummer stepping in for me while I'm away, and you need to absolutely kill 4 intense drum heavy instrumental songs for a live performance.
These are not practice loops, but full length professional songs that have Intros, Verses, Chorus', Bridges, Build-ups, Drop-outs, Etc.
These songs are loaded with tons of useful & musical fills, plus various kinds of complex grooves that will absolutely add a whole new library of chops to your vocabulary!
But what makes this more than just a "gig for hire" or just play along tracks to learn is I'm personally teaching you EVERY important thing you need to know to execute these songs like a professional.
I teach you step by step every key drum part in each song, as well as all grooves, fills, leads, builds, and also, HOW to execute those in a way that gives you the professional edge.
Not only will you be learning tons of new fills and grooves in this course, but you will be learning new ways to apply drums in music.
It's essential to understand song form, song structure, musical themes, and how to apply your drums in music the way that serves the song best!
This will increase your drum IQ, and naturally forces you to be a better musician that has more to offer the music. So the next time your jamming with your band, or trying a new rendition of a song at church with a different feel, or creating and recording your own original music, you will have more knowledge and creative input to apply to the music.
Perfect for Everyone and Every Skill Level
- If you are a beginner drummer this course will be challenging. The drum parts will be difficult and the songs may be hard to keep up with, BUT that's ok! Nothing makes you grow faster when you take on a massive goal and set your mind to something over your head. Just take baby steps and do your best, the rest will follow. Things will start to click the more you get familiar with the music. And it is a sure way to drastically improve your drumming in the least amount of time.
- If you are a intermediate drummer with little gigging experience or live performances, this will greatly help you develop your chops, time, vocabulary, musical performance, and musical knowledge. By learning the drum parts and mastering the songs you will be able to learn and play any pop/rock song you come across and it will set you up for success as you start to play gigs, freelance, or join a band.
- If you are an advanced player with gigging experience and solid chops then this is a course that will sharpen your skills and test your performance. How fast can you learn the songs? How fast can you get these down and record yourself playing the whole song perfectly all the way through? Put yourself to the test and strengthen any weak links you have.